How To Download Deed in PropertyScout.io
How To Download Deed in PropertyScout.io (Video)
People visit www.PropertyScout.io to run online title searches. While they often search for the title on a property, they usually want to know where to find the deed to a house. Titles are not physical, but conceptual.
When you own a property, you own both the deed and the title. In real estate, to hold a title means you have ownership and a right to use the property. A property deed is a legal document that transfers property ownership from a seller/grantor to a buyer/grantee. A deed contains the legal description of the property (including property lines) and denotes the seller/grantor and the buyer/grantee. It shows who you bought your house from, and when you sell it, it shows who you sold it to. Both parties must sign the document to make it official.
It takes minutes to download the official copy!
- Go to: https://app.propertyscout.io/login
- You will need to have a Pro/Premium account to unlock FULL access to the application. If you have a 3 Day Pass, just upgrade to Pro.
- Enter your property address in the search bar
- Go to the Deed Tab
- Click on the “Deed Image” Download icon
- You can always find your downloads under “Download History”
This short video explains how our title search service helps with copies of deed images to complete title ownership searches. To run a download, sign up at www.propertyscout.io https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSQ2Z_sjog8
No Deed Image available? It is possible you may not find the icon available for download. There are situations where we just don’t have the deed, here are some of the reasons:
- Deed was incorrectly recorded by the municipality and filed under the mortgage. Try downloading the mortgage image under the Mortgage tab.
- The municipality may not have it digitized their data and its not available online.
- We don’t have an agreement in place with the municipality.