How to find Property Liens in PropertyScout.io
We have been asked a series of questions that we have compiled and summarized:
As a rule, a person’s debts do not go away when the person dies. Those debts are owed by and paid from the deceased person’s estate. By law, family members do not usually have to pay the debts of a deceased relative from their own money. If there isn’t enough money in the estate to cover the debt, it usually goes unpaid.
Can a debt collector foreclose on your house? The short answer is no, a debt collector cannot take your house. However, a creditor whose loan is secured by your house can foreclose on the loan and take the house, and depending on your state laws, a debt collector without a security interest in your home may be able to put a lien on it.
I’d like to sell my house, how do I find out if there are any liens against my property? Right here at our site you can do a quick search on your own property and find out the mortgage amount and if there are any lien on your property.
How to check if a property has debt. 3 ways to see if a property has a lien on it :
- Check county records. Liens are typically a matter of public record, so it’s just a matter of getting in touch with the county recorder, county assessor, or county clerk’s office where the property you’re considering is….
- Work with a title agent….
- Use our www.PropertyScout.io. Do your due diligence and find out if there are any debts and liabilities against a Property. We can help you! Run a Preliminary Property Title and get the information you need in seconds!
Create an account. It is easy!
- Go to: www.PropertyScout.io
- You will need to have a Pro or Premium Account to gain FULL access to the application. If you have a 3 Day Pass, take advantage of the discount and upgrade to unlock full access.
- Once you are logged into the application, enter your property Address or Parcel Number.
- Click “Involuntary Lien Report”.
- Click “Download”. This PDF report will provide you with any open involuntary liens if any, containing date, lien type, date and parties involuntary Liens, Mechanic’s Lien, Tax Liens, Judgments, Easements.
DOWNLOAD SAMPLE REPORT. Involuntary Mechanic Liens